Online application for consecutive master’s programmes (except teacher training)
We are delighted of your interest in studying at Leuphana University of Lüneburg: Please read through the following details attentively one after the other before filling out the online application:
Who can apply?
This online application is for all those who can document their admission requirements with German Certificates.
Applicants holding certificates acquired abroad must apply to the University Application Service for International Students (uni-assist), where your documents will be checked for Leuphana University of Lüneburg. Information concerning the application procedure over uni-assist can be found at www.leuphana.de/en/graduate-school/master/apply.html#c436707.
We recommend to inform yourselves about our admission requirements on the following web page www.leuphana.de/en/graduate-school/master/apply.html#c436658.
Exception: All applicants for the Master’s programme "International Economic Law" apply via the Leuphana online application, including applicants holding certificates acquired abroad.
How does the online application work?
On the following pages, please enter the personal data for your application. Before entering any data, you must imperatively read all the related information, which you can display thanks to the “note” links on the relevant pages. In order to navigate within the online form, please use the navigation buttons at the end of each page „continue“ and „back“ and no the „forward“ or „back“ arrows on the browser menu band.
After you have finished entering your data, you will be given an application number for your application, as well as an application letter to print out.
This application letter must have been received by Leuphana University on June 1st 2022 at the latest (cut-off date, the date of the post receipt stamp is authoritative). The postal address is given together with the application letter at the end of the online application.
Together with the application letter, you must submit the following documents pertaining to the information which you provided. The list of documents, which you must still submit is indicated once more at the end of the online application.
Check list: documents which you must submit together with the online application
- Bachelor's degree or certificate proving you completed an equivalent degree or, as far as you have not yet completed your degree, an attestation from the examinations office showing that you achieved at least 145 ECTS credits points.
- Transcript of Records or equivalent document for Master’s, Magister or State Examination as proof that the selected programme will serve to expand in the same thematic direction as the previous degree (consecutivity), please indicate on your Transcript of Records the modules, which you would like to have credited within the framework of consecutivity.
- Proof of the necessary knowledge of English (form in the Download area). This can be submitted until March 31st 2023.
- Current attestations regarding courses of study or certificate of deregistration, indicating the courses of studies attended up to then, the number of higher education semesters as well as semesters on leave, as well as the standard period of study.
- Proof of job or experience abroad, scholarships, honorary elected offices, top 10% of a class.
- Proof of your participation in a study aptitude test (TM-WISO or GMAT).
- Copy of your identity card and of the dgti identity card, if you have indicated your first name according to the supplementary identity card of the German Society for Transidentity and Intersexuality (dgti).
How to submit the required documents
You may send copies of your documents, when you apply. Officially certified copies will be required upon enrolment. If you submit documents issued in languages other than German, please enclose sworn translations into German.
Please include EUR2.45 in stamps (if possible a stamp at EUR1.60 and one at EUR 0.85).
Please do not send the application letter and the supporting documents in punched pockets, application folders or the like. All application papers will be tacked together. Any punched pockets or folders cannot be sent back.
Please note that you cannot save your entries while you are filling in the application. If you pause/interrupt your application prematurely, your entries will not be stored.
Please also note that your entries will be lost if the page remains idle for 30 minutes. Therefore, please collect all the documents necessary for the application before starting the online application process and carry it through without long interruptions. Please always remember to confirm your entries by clicking the „continue“ button“
The online application offers the possibility to go back to a previous step while entering the data. If you have corrected your data in this manner, you must please use the “continue” button, or your changes will not be saved.
We wish you plenty of success with your application
Your Student Services Team
Data protection information according to Art. 13 and 21 GDPR
We take data protection seriously. We process your personal data (hereinafter referred to as "data") in accordance with the legal requirements and aim at making this procedure transparent. This is a brief explanation of how, why, and on which legal basis we protect data in connection with the use of our website. Furthermore, this informs you about contact persons and your rights in connection with data processing.
Name and contact information of the person in charge:
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg represented by its President
Contact information of the data protection officer Leuphana Universität Lüneburg:
- Data Protection officer -
Purpose and legal bases of data processing:
- We use the data requested in the online evaluation process to carry out the public interest tasks of access and admission procedures for studying at Leuphana University of Lüneburg. Data processing is necessary to fulfil these duties.
The legal bases for this processing is the following:
- Section 3(1, 1) of Lower Saxony Data Protection Act (NDSG), Art 6(1,1,e) of DSGVO in connexion with Sections 17 and 18 of Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG),
- Lower Saxony Higher Admissions Act (NHZG),
- Lower Saxony University Procurement Regulations
- Admissions regulations of Leuphana University of Lüneburg to all consecutive Master's degree programmes with the exception of the Master's degree programmes for teacher training (GHR and LBS),
- Regulations on admission to and admission to the consecutive Master's degree programmes (M.Ed.) at Leuphana University of Lüneburg, which teach the prerequisites for a teaching post at primary schools and secondary schools, as well as for a teaching post at vocational schools specialising in social pedagogy and economics,
- Section 2(3,1, No 8) and Schedule 1 of the Matriculation Regulations of Leuphana University of Lüneburg.
- We will also use your telephone number, mobile number and e-mail address for the purpose of informing you at short notice of any missing documents and of the application and selection procedure. In addition, after completing the online application, we will also send the application form for your documents to your e-mail address.
This data processing is carried out on the basis of your consent voluntarily given in the course of the online application process in accordance with Art 6(1,1,a) of DSGVO.
In principle, we keep your data for ourselves and make them available only to those employees who need them for their work within the scope of fulfilling their tasks. This does not apply if we are legally obliged to pass on such data. Furthermore, we reserve the right to have some of these activities carried out by third parties if they offer sufficient guarantees that suitable technical and organisational measures will be implemented in such a way that data processing is carried out in accordance with the legal requirements and guarantees the protection of your rights.
Even if you do not make use of the rights below, your data will only be stored by us for as long as is necessary for the purposes mentioned above. This does not apply if, in deviation from this, a longer storage or retention period is prescribed by law or required for law enforcement within the statutory limitation periods. If data is only stored for the aforementioned purposes, access to the data is limited to the extent necessary.
We would like to inform you that the provision of your data is neither required by law nor by contract. If you do not provide your data, this may result in you not being considered in the application process.
Your right to object pursuant to Art 21 of DSGVO:
If we process your data within the scope of paragraph 1), you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation.
In this case, we will no longer process this data unless we can prove that there are compelling reasons for the processing that are worthy of protection, that your interests, rights and freedoms prevail, or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your right to revoke your declaration of consent:
As far as we process your data on the basis of your consent according to paragraph 2), you have the right to revoke it at any time with effect for the future. This means that the lawfulness of the processing, as far as this has taken place on the basis of the consent up to the revocation, is not affected. The declaration of revocation can be made informally and requires no justification. If you revoke your consent, this will not result in any disadvantages for you.
Your further rights:
You have the right to request information from us about the processing of data concerning you. In addition to a copy of the data, this right to information also includes the purposes of the data processing, the data recipients and the storage period.
If incorrect data is processed, you can demand the rectification of this data from us immediately. If the legal requirements according to Art 17 or 18 of DSGVO are met, you also have the fundamental right to immediate deletion or restriction of the processing of the data. Please note that a limited processing of the data may not be possible under certain circumstances.
If we process your data on the basis of your consent pursuant to paragraph 2 above, you may also exercise your right to data transfer under the conditions set out in Art 20 of DSGVO.
To exercise your above rights, please contact us at:
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg
Studierendenservice (Students Services)
Mr. Heiko Kaddik
Should you have any further questions, our data protection officer will be happy to advise you.
If you have data protection complaints of a legal nature, please turn to data protection officer for Lower Saxony
data-protection officer for Lower Saxony
Here you have the possibility to download the data protection information as pdf document.